Kit Carson

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Narrowboat Dave

Kit Carson

Postby Narrowboat Dave » 27 Jan 2017, 21:38

According to the BBC website, Kit Carson has been detained on indecency charges connected to the nationwide probe into abuse and young footballers. It appears to date from his time with Peterborough and Cambridge.

Shocking news and, if there are any youngsters at either Posh or Cambridge affected by the allegations, our thoughts must be with them.

bristleposh

Re: Kit Carson

Postby bristleposh » 27 Jan 2017, 21:53

Wow that is dreadful news
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

DoubleRay

Postby DoubleRay » 27 Jan 2017, 22:27

The presumption of innocence, sometimes referred to by the Latin expression Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (the burden of proof is on the one who declares, not on one who denies), is the principle that one is considered innocent unless proven guilty.
To that principle, I don't think he should have been named until proven but that's just my opinion.

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 27 Jan 2017, 23:36

DoubleRay wrote:I don't think he should have been named until proven but that's just my opinion.

I agree with you. But he has been arrested. That is newsworthy, unfortunately.
That's the way it is with these things.
Proving him guilty (if he is) will be in court presumably. Newspapers are not going to wait that long.
Click here to see what the Ely Standard has to say.
No doubt the Peterborough Telegraph will also cover it.
Being happy never goes out of style.

melsut

Postby melsut » 29 Jan 2017, 20:24

It was inevitable that Kit was going to be implicated in enquiries relevant to child abuse in soccer given his long standing association with youth football. I met Kit many years ago when my two sons were part of his soccer coaching school C&G Soccer. Kit was responsible for my son Richard Sutton joining Peterborough in 1981 when Peter Morris was manager and Graham Scarf was youth manager. Richard gained England youth honours while at the club and not long after moved on to Norwich City.
In all the time I knew Kit his conduct and commitment was purely soccer and I can assure you that if all those young players who joined the professional soccer ranks and among them many established players spoke up you would get the same opinion.

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 29 Jan 2017, 20:30

"It was inevitable that Kit was going to be implicated in enquiries relevant to child abuse in soccer given his long standing association with youth football."

Not sure this is correct.

Return to “The Posh”