Posh Vs MK Dons - Designated Chris Turner Day

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

john316z
Posts: 1316
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Posh Vs MK Dons - Designated Chris Turner Day

Postby john316z » 02 Feb 2017, 20:54

Wycliffe wrote:
DoubleRay wrote:Who's idea was it to play the Wombles of Wimbledon song over the tannoy before the game? That was strange and probably funny to someone but it wasn't a very grown up thing to do by a football club. Everyone round me just looked at each other embarrassed. :lol:



You are obviously surrounded by some strange and humourless types then is all I can say mate.

I was outside bucket rattling and everyone near me thought it brilliant, yes childish and immature :clap: :clap:

:clap: :stupid:

superposh80
Posts: 4364
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh Vs MK Dons - Designated Chris Turner Day

Postby superposh80 » 02 Feb 2017, 21:48

That song was the highlight of the day.

The whole afternoon slowly went to pieces after that.

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15879
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!
Contact:

Re: Posh Vs MK Dons - Designated Chris Turner Day

Postby poshnipper » 03 Feb 2017, 00:11

superposh80 wrote:That song was the highlight of the day.

The whole afternoon slowly went to pieces after that.

:stupid: :mrgreen: :stupid:
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 690
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Posh Vs MK Dons - Designated Chris Turner Day

Postby DoubleRay » 03 Feb 2017, 11:23

It's ok for a professional football club to do this? ? Right away supporters, thank you for attending the game and we hope you have a safe journey. By the way we are now going to play you the Wombles song. Don't get irate or annoyed.
They then smash us 4-0 so it's us that look the mugs. :lol:

Perhaps the Posh behind the scenes will be looking at owl songs for the Sheffield Utd game. Why not go all out and get the Owls mascot. :wink:

Wycliffe
Posts: 758
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Posh Vs MK Dons - Designated Chris Turner Day

Postby Wycliffe » 03 Feb 2017, 12:34

DoubleRay wrote:It's ok for a professional football club to do this? ? Right away supporters, thank you for attending the game and we hope you have a safe journey. By the way we are now going to play you the Wombles song. Don't get irate or annoyed.
They then smash us 4-0 so it's us that look the mugs. :lol:

Perhaps the Posh behind the scenes will be looking at owl songs for the Sheffield Utd game. Why not go all out and get the Owls mascot. :wink:


Goodness me!
If you don't understand the reason why we and frankly every single club I know the fans of hate/dislike/disapprove of the imposters then fair enough.
Therefore the piss take was ok and No we nor anyone else should do it like your example above.
Just to the imposters.

Them smashing us did mean it backfired somewhat but nobody is psychic.

superposh80
Posts: 4364
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh Vs MK Dons - Designated Chris Turner Day

Postby superposh80 » 03 Feb 2017, 13:36

The only one's that were unprofessional and made us look like mugs....

Were the 11 in blue shirts.

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 690
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Posh Vs MK Dons - Designated Chris Turner Day

Postby DoubleRay » 03 Feb 2017, 13:42

Ahhh, you hit the nail on the head Wycliffe......."frankly every single club I know the fans of hate/dislike/disapprove of the imposters ".
I understand the hatred of Mk because of course I hate them too. The music was the clubs choice, not the fans, who can chant what they like at them for all I care. This music was the choice of someone behind the scenes at a professional club. Vitriol should be for the fans NOT a club. Would it be acceptable then to print the vitriol in the programme like stick a womble with its V's up on the front cover?...... Of course not, and not from a pro club.

Wycliffe
Posts: 758
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Posh Vs MK Dons - Designated Chris Turner Day

Postby Wycliffe » 03 Feb 2017, 17:18

DoubleRay wrote:Ahhh, you hit the nail on the head Wycliffe......."frankly every single club I know the fans of hate/dislike/disapprove of the imposters ".
I understand the hatred of Mk because of course I hate them too. The music was the clubs choice, not the fans, who can chant what they like at them for all I care. This music was the choice of someone behind the scenes at a professional club. Vitriol should be for the fans NOT a club. Would it be acceptable then to print the vitriol in the programme like stick a womble with its V's up on the front cover?...... Of course not, and not from a pro club.


We moan about the lack of a link between the fans and the club.
Not on this though :clap:


Return to “The Posh”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests