January signings

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Wycliffe

Re: January signings

Postby Wycliffe » 03 Feb 2017, 08:42

stuie wrote:
superposh80 wrote:According to Darragh....We'd been chasing him since August and everything was done.

They just pulled it at the last minute...and that gave us no time to pursue anyone else.

unlike Posh not to have a plan B :lol:

Harsh on this one.
I gather the agent acted the **** at the very last minute leaving no time for an alternative.
The player was keen as he wanted game time.

I wonder how long it'll be until a player has the ******** to tell their agent who they employ to do one if they want a move and the agent thinks otherwise :roll:

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 03 Feb 2017, 09:12

Didn't Aaron McLean do that when he first signed?

PoshCynic

Postby PoshCynic » 03 Feb 2017, 20:23

PoshEric wrote:Very surprised Chettle and Nabi are still here.

I can understand Harry Anderson and Dion-Curtis Henry. Harry was recalled from Lincoln because of his knee injury. Hope he'll be sent out on loan again to a National League side once he's recovered. Henry was recalled from Boston when McGee was injured. If Henry is sent out on loan again to another club, he can't play for posh until next season, which is something the club might want to avoid due to potential injuries.

However, Nabi and Chettle haven't been playing all season. Sounds like Nabi's deal with Port Vale fell through but surely its best for their progression if they were at least on loan somewhere getting game time.

Does anyone believe Nabi or Chettle would perhaps go on loan to a National League club until the end of the season?

Why? Perhaps no other club wants them or if they do, are unwilling to match the wages being paid by Posh. In the latter case, the players will not accept lower wages elsewhere perhaps.

Return to “The Posh”