Darragh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Chompy

Re: Darragh

Postby Chompy » 29 Jan 2017, 11:23

tonyp wrote:
superposh80 wrote:That's fair enough Darragh saying our transfer plans have changed....

That won't mean a thing if we don't bring the right players in.

Exactly.
Where's he going to get them from? League 2 or non league seem to be his only options. Who in League 1 or the Championship would want to play for the Posh?
My Barnsley supporting mate sent me an email this morning "I think it might be a good time for you to follow a proper team. 0-4 at home?" Bast*rd.
I'm sticking with Posh, regardless.

That's one Deadline Day signing we'd all like to see.

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 29 Jan 2017, 11:29

Chompy wrote:
tonyp wrote:
superposh80 wrote:That's fair enough Darragh saying our transfer plans have changed....

That won't mean a thing if we don't bring the right players in.

Exactly.
Where's he going to get them from? League 2 or non league seem to be his only options. Who in League 1 or the Championship would want to play for the Posh?
My Barnsley supporting mate sent me an email this morning "I think it might be a good time for you to follow a proper team. 0-4 at home?" Bast*rd.
I'm sticking with Posh, regardless.

That's one Deadline Day signing we'd all like to see.

Don't let it worry you Chompy. Even though you are threatening to stop following Posh I'm here through thick and thin.
Chompy wrote:If we don't do something noteworthy on Deadline Day, I'll be spending my Saturday afternoons doing other stuff for the rest of the season.
Being happy never goes out of style.

pleasureboy60

Postby pleasureboy60 » 29 Jan 2017, 16:31

As a Posh fan of more than 51 years, I can honestly say that for as long as I can remember, I have not witnessed such a total shambles and such a spineless performance as was served up yesterday.
It was a total embarrassment from start to finish and I promise it wont be the last the season unless drastic changes are made sooner rather than later.
The only positive conclusion from yesterday's debacle was the fact that it has definitely made my mind up not to renew my season ticket for next season. I totally refuse to line the pockets of our chairman anymore.
Ever since we lost to Crystal Palace and our place in the Championship, this club has been on a downward spiral. We lack ambition, leadership and everything is done on the cheap, from management level to playing staff.
We have a chairman who's totally obsessed with buying second rate players in the hope of making mega bucks and along with his side kick Fry quite ridiculously builds them into prima donnas when quite frankly they are just average League 1 standard.
We have a chairman who talks the talk, but no longer delivers and I can't believe how many of the rose tinted glass brigade still suck up to his bull s**t.
I for one believe he has taken this club as far as he can now. It's blatantly obviously that this season we have not invested in the right calibre of player and we are crying out for experience and leadership.
We have a inexperienced manager who is controlled by a puppeteer and who at times is clueless as to what formations to use and stubborn enough to persist with underperforming players.
We all know that McBlarney pulls the strings at this club and doesn't want interference or input from anyone.
I have been to fans forums when he's been present and he talks the hype, but he hates criticism and I imagine that's why we have not installed a decent manager in the last 3 seasons, because he wont allow anyone else to interfere.
I for one would like to see him walk away now and sell the club to new investors.
Before I get slagged off from all the McBlarney do gooders. Let me tell you that for all the MacAnthonys of this world there are always two or more waiting in the wings.
If he sold up tomorrow there would be plenty of investors ready to snap his hand off and if that meant someone with money offering to buy the club and perhaps building us a modern stadium, investing in good players and a decent manager, then I might just be persuaded to renew my season ticket.
One man doesn't make a club and McBlarney needs to remind himself of this from time to time.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 29 Jan 2017, 16:38

Your dead right about the Crystal Palace thing.

It's a good post....but I fear our Do-Gooder Moderator will put paid to it.

DoubleRay

Postby DoubleRay » 29 Jan 2017, 16:41

I would click on the right and see pleasureboy60 previous posts. You will see that he isn't a real fan. Calling Darragh...... McBlarney, I think you should go back commenting in the ET about your problem with " McBlarney". No Posh would call him that.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 29 Jan 2017, 16:50

I'm convinced pleasureboy believes his own lies, sad really, I'm not a do gooder, but I do know there are not two wealthy investors out their waiting to throw their money away. If there were why haven't they saved Chester, Gateshead, Darlington, Newport, Stockport, etc etc the list is endless.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

john316z

Postby john316z » 29 Jan 2017, 17:29

He may have a point that Darragh might have taken us as far as he can. No shame in that at all, but as a born winner he would never admit it. Let's be honest the MacAnthony years have been fantastic for us Posh fans. Highlights of seeing us in the Championship, trips to Wembley and Old Trafford are a far cry from our past and ones we'll never forget.

Brianposh

Postby Brianposh » 29 Jan 2017, 18:32

We do indeed have much to be thankful for.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 29 Jan 2017, 18:44

Brianposh wrote:We do indeed have much to be thankful for.

unless you've had your brain removed like a certain poster who criticised him
the one eyed man is King

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 29 Jan 2017, 18:48

He's entitled to his opinion.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 29 Jan 2017, 19:04

Chompy wrote:He's entitled to his opinion.

Of course he is I'm just saying he's wrong
the one eyed man is King

pleasureboy60

Postby pleasureboy60 » 29 Jan 2017, 19:36

The idea of any fans forum is to express ones opinion and that's what I have done.
Nor am I asking you to agree with me.
We all see and view things differently and that's what makes these forums an interesting read, even if some people insist on wearing those tinted glasses!...

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 29 Jan 2017, 20:22

I thought it was an interesting read too.

You've joined an elite band who post actual opinions on here, and that's to be commended.

Of course, you'll probably get cut within the next 24 hours by the lolmods.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 29 Jan 2017, 20:43

I have seen no evidence to support the theory that DMac has made a profit from his dealings with pufc. Plenty of people have seen the club accounts. Can the nay sayers with claret tinted glasses come up with actual accounts that prove their point, I think not, but I am prepared to alter my opinion if I see concrete proof not hear say.
the one eyed man is King

john316z

Postby john316z » 29 Jan 2017, 20:48

Chompy wrote:I thought it was an interesting read too.

You've joined an elite band who post actual opinions on here, and that's to be commended.

Of course, you'll probably get cut within the next 24 hours by the lolmods.

Let it go chomps you're just sounding bitter. :wink:

Return to “The Posh”