Darragh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

john316z

Re: Darragh

Postby john316z » 29 Jan 2017, 20:50

bristleposh wrote:I have seen no evidence to support the theory that DMac has made a profit from his dealings with pufc. Plenty of people have seen the club accounts. Can the nay sayers with claret tinted glasses come up with actual accounts that prove their point, I think not, but I am prepared to alter my opinion if I see concrete proof not hear say.

I very much doubt on gates under 6k he'll make much money at all.... Unless our catering and shirt sales are amazing! I have no doubt that he is the one propping the club up. I also doubt he has the cash to take us forward either. Just MY opinion

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 29 Jan 2017, 20:53

john316z wrote:
bristleposh wrote:I have seen no evidence to support the theory that DMac has made a profit from his dealings with pufc. Plenty of people have seen the club accounts. Can the nay sayers with claret tinted glasses come up with actual accounts that prove their point, I think not, but I am prepared to alter my opinion if I see concrete proof not hear say.

I very much doubt on gates under 6k he'll make much money at all.... Unless our catering and shirt sales are amazing! I have no doubt that he is the one propping the club up. I also doubt he has the cash to take us forward either. Just MY opinion

Now the last bit I can't disagree with
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

dunc

Postby dunc » 29 Jan 2017, 21:33

Having seen professional football club accounts during my working life, (and not just the final published item), I would strongly agree with those that suggest that our chairman does not make any money out of football - especially whilst this club remains in League 1 or League 2, where television income is minimal.

In the modern game, where expenditure in wages is controlled by income, (therefore, at our level, by gate receipts, sponsorships and commercial revenue), we are not in a position to pay big money in wages to quality or experienced players. The only way this is achieveable is by selling our best players to the highest bidder, which to some extent defeats any long-term ambitions!

Based on our average home gates, compared to other teams in League 1, we as fans should not expect to be much better than a low mid-table team - anything above that is surely a bonus.

Brianposh

Postby Brianposh » 29 Jan 2017, 21:50

We are losing money at a pretty rapid rate every month and are subsidised by DMAC which of course increases our debt to him. I have all the PUFC accounts since becoming a Shareholder in the late 1960's. It is estimated we need at least 7800-8000 crowds to break even.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Postby ashman » 29 Jan 2017, 21:56

Brianposh wrote:We are losing money at a pretty rapid rate every month and are subsidised by DMAC which of course increases our debt to him. I have all the PUFC accounts since becoming a Shareholder in the late 1960's. It is estimated we need at least 7800-8000 crowds to break even.

Thank you Brian. That maybe lends strength to the realisation that some of the speculation on here is truly wrong, harmful to the club and I would suggest libellous towards DMac.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 29 Jan 2017, 23:12

No....He's telling the truth.

Which is what you don't like about it.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 30 Jan 2017, 07:35

superposh80 wrote:No....He's telling the truth.

Which is what you don't like about it.

Who is, and what are you on about?
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

stuie

Postby stuie » 30 Jan 2017, 09:17

pleasureboy60 wrote:The idea of any fans forum is to express ones opinion and that's what I have done.
Nor am I asking you to agree with me.
We all see and view things differently and that's what makes these forums an interesting read, even if some people insist on wearing those tinted glasses!...

agreed
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

stuie

Postby stuie » 30 Jan 2017, 09:24

john316z wrote:

He is not making any money (IMO), probably feels as miserable, if not more miserable than most of us.

My understanding is that he lends the money, and charges interest at 5% (I have no facts to back this up), as such keeps a keen eye on the liquidity of the club

Bob Symns seems to be one of his best signings

He is generous in his lending, his heart and sole has been in the club, whether it is now, I am unsure (due to threat to sell)

why would no Poshie call him McBlarney, (for goodness sake its a good nick name for someone who talks that much)

The problem he has, is he has put these 20 point plans down, season after season, unfortunately in the last 3 years we have not got past step one or two

stuie

Postby stuie » 30 Jan 2017, 09:25

dunc wrote:Having seen professional football club accounts during my working life, (and not just the final published item), I would strongly agree with those that suggest that our chairman does not make any money out of football - especially whilst this club remains in League 1 or League 2, where television income is minimal.

In the modern game, where expenditure in wages is controlled by income, (therefore, at our level, by gate receipts, sponsorships and commercial revenue), we are not in a position to pay big money in wages to quality or experienced players. The only way this is achieveable is by selling our best players to the highest bidder, which to some extent defeats any long-term ambitions!

Based on our average home gates, compared to other teams in League 1, we as fans should not expect to be much better than a low mid-table team - anything above that is surely a bonus.

excellent post, and a real reality check

thank you Dunc

stuie

Postby stuie » 30 Jan 2017, 09:26

Brianposh wrote:We are losing money at a pretty rapid rate every month and are subsidised by DMAC which of course increases our debt to him. I have all the PUFC accounts since becoming a Shareholder in the late 1960's. It is estimated we need at least 7800-8000 crowds to break even.

gpwm, thank you

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 30 Jan 2017, 10:29

stuie wrote:
dunc wrote:Having seen professional football club accounts during my working life, (and not just the final published item), I would strongly agree with those that suggest that our chairman does not make any money out of football - especially whilst this club remains in League 1 or League 2, where television income is minimal.

excellent post, and a real reality check

thank you Dunc

:stupid: As I said on another thread, we may have to accep being a third division side.I
Being happy never goes out of style.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 30 Jan 2017, 11:33

yep...

no explanation...no pm's.

rudeness personified.

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 30 Jan 2017, 11:43

Process seems to be...

1. Is this comment acceptable?

2. Don't know.

3. Oh well, best chop it then.

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 30 Jan 2017, 13:15

superposh80 wrote:yep...

no explanation...no pm's.

rudeness personified.

Chompy wrote:Process seems to be...

1. Is this comment acceptable?

2. Don't know.

3. Oh well, best chop it then.

Much as it pains me to agree with Super and Chompy I have to say there seems is something weird going on with the moderation.

i'm absolutely sure it's not poshnipper who is at fault.

Wait for this post to be deleted.
Being happy never goes out of style.

Return to “The Posh”