Chris Turner Statue

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Chompy

Chris Turner Statue

Post by Chompy » 09 Sep 2015, 00:09

I send PISA2000 a PM about the statue the other day and have heard nothing back.

How much has been raised and how much more is needed?

Wycliffe

Re: PISA statement re Robbo

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Sep 2015, 07:26

Chompy wrote:I send PISA2000 a PM about the statue the other day and have heard nothing back.

How much has been raised and how much more is needed?
Checked and nothing on there, don't worry though your question wasn't treated with contempt by us :wink:

Anyway, the total is going to be around the £60k amount plus VAT so £80k.
We are hoping to hold a big presentation night sometime soon, atm with the project in its infancy we'd rather not announce how much in the kitty just yet but it is a good start.
Obviously it will be hard work and is a large target but with the generosity of all POSH and local businesses we are very confident of success.
Despite disrespectful comments from certain people this is NOT a PISA 2000 only project but we are leading it 'cos frankly someone has to.
We will update on a regular basis on the Statue thread on .et and here, we have a FB page and will soon be getting a website up and running which will obviously have regular updates too.
Thanks for the interest and hopefully we will meet you at the launch night which we are aiming to make a big do and will release details in the next week or two.
Adi
Last edited by Wycliffe on 27 Mar 2016, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 10 Sep 2015, 09:14

Initially, I was gobsmacked at the cost but Adi explained a tiny part of the process and I realised that I knew nothing about statue-making 8)
It's a massive project but I have no doubts at all that it will be achieved. Well done to PISA 2000 and Adi for being brave enough :clap2: :clap2:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 10 Sep 2015, 10:05

poshnipper wrote:Well done to PISA 2000 and Adi for being brave enough :clap2: :clap2:
Hear hear!! Great work Pisa. :clap: :clap:
Being happy never goes out of style

stuie

Chris Turner Statue

Post by stuie » 10 Sep 2015, 15:42

I am starting a new thread

As Adi said this is not a PISA project, but a Posh fans project spearheaded by PISA

well done Pisa

dear PISA please use this thread to update us,

Mods, perhaps you can move the posts in Robbo's tribute thread across to here
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Post by stuie » 10 Sep 2015, 15:44

I hear it is £60,000, so it just needs 1000 Posh fans to pay £60

I am good for £60 over a period of time

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 10 Sep 2015, 15:49

lol @ there being 1000 Posh fans.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Sep 2015, 21:22

Thank you Stuie.
There is a committee looking at the various/numerous things required to be done before the statue is even commissioned.
At this stage not too much can be said for a variety of reasons.
However the £60k is an approximate amount, it may be less, it may be more.
We have chosen a sculptor, his name is Sean Hedges Quinn http://www.seanhedgesquinn.co.uk/ and he made the Bobby Robson and Sir Alf Ramsey statues at Ipswich and the Bob Stokoe memorial at Sunderland as well as resurrecting the awful Ted Bates tribute at Southampton after a well meaning local artist totally screwed it up. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/882190 ... ml?image=9
Please check out his website, it is truly impressive, he is a massive football fan (Ipswich sth) but is very experienced in all manner of sculpturing.
We are atm in the process of getting a website up and running, we have a basic FB page as well and we will update on here and .net on a regular basis.
Most importantly we are organising a launch night, this may not actually take place for a couple of months as being such a massive project we absolutely want to get it right.
We are working with the club but the whole thing is fan led and needs to be mostly fan supported with a bit of help along the way from local businesses.
Once the night is over and it is something we want as many POSH as possible to come to, the hard work will really start,you as fans will be asked to contribute of course but more importantly we'd want you to organise things, events yourselves.
Anyway, thanks again.

Quick reminder, the CT shirts are still available directly from Chroma Sports
https://www.chromasport.co.uk/
£20 with £6 going to fund.
92 badge can be used instead as on design and (god forbid) PISA badge can be removed or put on arm if you choose to.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 29 Sep 2015, 07:17

Don't worry if you think things have gone quiet.
The committee have met a few times, launch dates have been agreed and are in the process of being organised. A bank account has been sorted and full details for anyone wishing to donate will be announced on the launch nights and made available straight after. Sean Hedges Quinn the sculptor is in full contact with us and his advice is invaluable, his website is well worth a look (seanhedgesquinn.co.uk).
None of the dream can be achieved without you the fans and local businesses so if you have ideas for events you may want to organise we will be perfectly happy and will supply details of how to tell us so they are not replicated, again after the launch nights.
Lastly, a website is very close to be finalised which will be a great help to the project. It will fully inform everyone of where we are in the project, the statue image, amounts, targets, events and how to donate.
Thanks for your patience, it will be worth it.

ashman

Post by ashman » 29 Sep 2015, 07:45

Thanks for the update Adi. Already got my shirt from Chroma sports and was hoping to see you at Bradford! :wink: :wink: :lol:
Also I had a look at Sean Hedges Quinn's website. Very impressed with his work ethic, his timeline that he produced of Nat Lofthouse and the statues he has already done. Excellent choice. Looking forward to the launch and the upcoming website.

http://www.seanhedgesquinn.co.uk/
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

stuie

Post by stuie » 29 Sep 2015, 10:58

Wycliffe wrote:Don't worry if you think things have gone quiet.
The committee have met a few times, launch dates have been agreed and are in the process of being organised. A bank account has been sorted and full details for anyone wishing to donate will be announced on the launch nights and made available straight after. Sean Hedges Quinn the sculptor is in full contact with us and his advice is invaluable, his website is well worth a look (seanhedgesquinn.co.uk).
None of the dream can be achieved without you the fans and local businesses so if you have ideas for events you may want to organise we will be perfectly happy and will supply details of how to tell us so they are not replicated, again after the launch nights.
Lastly, a website is very close to be finalised which will be a great help to the project. It will fully inform everyone of where we are in the project, the statue image, amounts, targets, events and how to donate.
how about purchase a brick, paving slab around the foot of the statue, I would purchase one with stuie written on etc

dunc

Post by dunc » 29 Sep 2015, 14:18

Good idea stuie I wii have a brick as well

topcat87

Post by topcat87 » 29 Sep 2015, 22:23

Me too.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 01 Oct 2015, 17:44

stuie wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:Don't worry if you think things have gone quiet.
how about purchase a brick, paving slab around the foot of the statue, I would purchase one with stuie written on etc
Yeah was discussed first meeting mate.
May be something to look at further into the project as atm we only have a preferred location and that would work if it ends up there (corner of LRE and main stand) but obviously if major works take place on either stand there may have to be another option.
Thanks though, keep on posting ideas everyone.
:D

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 02 Oct 2015, 08:18

This may be of some interest to you all, also a great site to view sporting statues from all over the world.
http://www.offbeat.group.shef.ac.uk/sta ... ossary.htm