Chris Turner Statue

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Post by ashman » 25 Aug 2017, 07:32

Wycliffe wrote:
24 Aug 2017, 22:30
As I have tried and failed to explain how these things work, here is a link for the foundry who are finishing Chris off and who some of the committee are visiting on Monday.

https://www.bronzeage.co.uk
Fantastic Adi. Received my invitation today and logged into Sean's website. A question: I hope it is not too silly - in what finish will the statue? I notice that Sean does many different sorts of finish. Some are coloured, as in the train or the fella lying on the plank, and some stuff is showing verdigris around the edges. I assume that Chris will be in bronze and that will age to brown over time?
Quite willing to drive you guys over on Monday so you can have a drink, which I know you very occasionally enjoy. :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 25 Aug 2017, 07:43

ashman wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 07:32
Wycliffe wrote:
As I have tried and failed to explain how these things work, here is a link for the foundry who are finishing Chris off and who some of the committee are visiting on Monday.

Fantastic Adi. Received my invitation today and logged into Sean's website. A question: I hope it is not too silly - in what finish will the statue? I notice that Sean does many different sorts of finish. Some are coloured, as in the train or the fella lying on the plank, and some stuff is showing verdigris around the edges. I assume that Chris will be in bronze and that will age to brown over time?
Quite willing to drive you guys over on Monday so you can have a drink, which I know you very occasionally enjoy. :lol:
The patternation will be a shade of bronze which will be chosen by Lynne on Monday.
There are literally hundreds of shades (check out the foundry website).
Going by train mate so drink can be taken...I mean it is easier to get to. :wink:
Thanks for the offer.

ashman

Post by ashman » 25 Aug 2017, 07:47

Wycliffe wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 07:43
ashman wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:

The patternation will be a shade of bronze which will be chosen by Lynne on Monday.
Going by train mate so drink can be taken...I mean it is easier to get to. :wink:
Thanks for the offer.
Cheers mate. Getting really excited now as the time grows nearer. Have a fantastic day!
Just checked out the patination and was amazed at how many different finishes they can provide. Will there be much maintenance required over the coming years?

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 25 Aug 2017, 17:40

ashman wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 07:47
Wycliffe wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 07:43
ashman wrote:

Thanks for the offer.
Cheers mate. Getting really excited now as the time grows nearer. Have a fantastic day!
Just checked out the patination and was amazed at how many different finishes they can provide. Will there be much maintenance required over the coming years?
A moderate amount.
Landscaping and lighting being done a month or so after the unveiling day.
We were ok but a week of rain the other week cocked it all up.
Will still look amazing .
Plinth now clad and engraved .
WOW

ashman

Post by ashman » 25 Aug 2017, 22:37

Wycliffe wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 17:40
ashman wrote:
A moderate amount.
WOW
I went down today to get my Warsaw tickets and noticed that the plinth had been covered up and there was a suspicion of damp around the bottom of the plinth. Surely this won't bugger it up will it?

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 28 Aug 2017, 07:10

ashman wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 22:37
Wycliffe wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 17:40
ashman wrote:
A moderate amount.
WOW
I went down today to get my Warsaw tickets and noticed that the plinth had been covered up and there was a suspicion of damp around the bottom of the plinth. Surely this won't bugger it up will it?
No, Limestone is porous so will show the odd bit of 'damp'.
We may get it sealed in the future if needs be but the delight of such cladding is ageing.
The plinth is covered so the full beauty and the engraving is seen only on the day at 3 pm.

No issues whatsoever, just a busy few days leading up to Friday!

ashman

Post by ashman » 01 Sep 2017, 06:37

So looking forward to the whole day. The presentation and the unveiling will be a very special time in my Posh history. I watched yesterday as the statue (heavily wrapped so as not to give too much away) was lowered onto the plinth and secured into position. Wow! Make sure there is a good turnout Poshies. Attendance 489! :lol:

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 01 Sep 2017, 07:14

A very special day indeed Dave for all Posh fans. Chris.T was a giant of a man and no-one did more for Posh and the City than Chris.
A man that held at one time or another most positions within the Club was also a personal friend to many. Hope the day is enjoyed by many fans, and the sun shines bright.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 01 Sep 2017, 07:59

Brianposh wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 07:14
A very special day indeed Dave for all Posh fans. Chris.T was a giant of a man and no-one did more for Posh and the City than Chris.
A man that held at one time or another most positions within the Club was also a personal friend to many. Hope the day is enjoyed by many fans, and the sun shines bright.
I hope so, too. My VIP invitation arrived yesterday and my wife said "Why don't you go then?"
I truly wish I could and I envy all that will be there.
Being happy never goes out of style

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 01 Sep 2017, 08:47

Will be thinking of you today Tony. Your heart I know will be here with us all. I will give an extra clap on your behalf.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 01 Sep 2017, 09:28

Brianposh wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 08:47
Will be thinking of you today Tony. Your heart I know will be here with us all. I will give an extra clap on your behalf.
Thanks, Brian.

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 01 Sep 2017, 15:48

My view of the statue. Nice to see some of the old players there notably Mick Halsall, Jack Carmichael and of course Robbo among others. :clap2:
_20170901_155730.JPG
_20170901_155730.JPG (100.7 KiB) Viewed 754 times

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 01 Sep 2017, 16:59

Massive well done to all on the committee for making this happen. Enjoy those beers tonight lads.

Fitting tribute to Chris that we're top of the League on the day the statue is unveiled.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 01 Sep 2017, 21:59

Thanks for posting the photo DoubleRay.
ShoreyPosh posted photos on the other message board and said that they could be downloaded free of charge by anyone interested.
Here they are.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 01 Sep 2017, 22:11

tonyp wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 21:59
Thanks for posting the photo DoubleRay.
ShoreyPosh posted photos on the other message board and said that they could be downloaded free of charge by anyone interested.
Here they are.
Tony, 5th photo in middle column down. White haired lady wife and I............