Chris Turner Statue

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 12 Feb 2017, 21:07

£255 raised (doubled up to £510 via Princebuild) at The Whittlesey Soul Weekender :clap:

Massive thanks to the top man Paul Donnelly who put his heart and soul into this event and is actually still there right now. :lol:

Some great music and lovely people.

Thanks again Paul.

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15897
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!
Contact:

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby poshnipper » 13 Feb 2017, 22:30

Wycliffe wrote:£255 raised (doubled up to £510 via Princebuild) at The Whittlesey Soul Weekender :clap:

Massive thanks to the top man Paul Donnelly who put his heart and soul into this event and is actually still there right now. :lol:

Some great music and lovely people.

Thanks again Paul.

:clap: :clap:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 15 Feb 2017, 17:32

Massive thanks to Grant McCann for his very generous personal donation today.
Proper POSH that lad :clap: :clap:

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15897
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!
Contact:

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby poshnipper » 15 Feb 2017, 21:50

Wycliffe wrote:Massive thanks to Grant McCann for his very generous personal donation today.
Proper POSH that lad :clap: :clap:

Never in doubt :clap2:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13824
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby stuie » 16 Feb 2017, 10:14

Wycliffe wrote:Massive thanks to Grant McCann for his very generous personal donation today.
Proper POSH that lad :clap: :clap:


Well done Grant McCann
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 19 Mar 2017, 20:12

Has to happen now as we are on the sporting statues site :clap:

http://www.offbeat.group.shef.ac.uk/sta ... ase_uk.htm

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 15549
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby ashman » 19 Mar 2017, 20:39

Wycliffe wrote:Has to happen now as we are on the sporting statues site :clap:

http://www.offbeat.group.shef.ac.uk/sta ... ase_uk.htm

Excellent Adi. Any further updates to the total already raised and a final figure for the statue?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 24 Mar 2017, 11:45

Another great initiative from our friends at Mick George.

https://www.mickgeorge.co.uk/community- ... =0,0,0,0,0

:clap: :clap:

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13824
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby stuie » 30 Mar 2017, 13:56

ha ha, who is signing off on the final image, hopefully a different sculptor than the Ronaldo statue
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 31 Mar 2017, 16:09

stuie wrote:ha ha, who is signing off on the final image, hopefully a different sculptor than the Ronaldo statue


God yeah, isn';t it terrible

I don't know who did the Ronaldo bust but one can only assume he was an enemy taking the piss although I can imagine his wife being supportive told him when he asked her opinion "Well you got the hair right love"

Imagine the shock on the faces of the family and fans who came to see a well meaning amateurs 'sculptor' (he was actually a boat builder!) who unveiled his tribute to Southampton legend Ted Bates
It didn't go well :lol:
Image

Our man Sean rescued the project.

Image

:clap2: :clap2:

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 10 Apr 2017, 21:21

Any golfers?
Freekicks and CTSF Golf Day Friday 16th June.
At Toft GC near Bourne

Message me for full details. :D

Thanks

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13824
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby stuie » 11 Apr 2017, 06:04

Wycliffe wrote:
stuie wrote:ha ha, who is signing off on the final image, hopefully a different sculptor than the Ronaldo statue


God yeah, isn';t it terrible

I don't know who did the Ronaldo bust but one can only assume he was an enemy taking the piss although I can imagine his wife being supportive told him when he asked her opinion "Well you got the hair right love"

Imagine the shock on the faces of the family and fans who came to see a well meaning amateurs 'sculptor' (he was actually a boat builder!) who unveiled his tribute to Southampton legend Ted Bates
It didn't go well :lol:
Image

Our man Sean rescued the project.

Image

:clap2: :clap2:


his sculptor looks brilliant, looking forward to seeing ours
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 18 Apr 2017, 15:48

A great donation from a supporters group that existed pre t'internet called POSH out West.
£1,276.37 which will of course be matched by PrinceBuild.
Also great thanks for a very generous personal donation from CT5 member Phil Stimpson, again this will be kindly matched by our friends at PrinceBuild. :clap2: :clap:

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 27 Apr 2017, 06:57

2 years ago today the great man left us.
1st September he'll be back home.
RIP Big Man.
Image

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13824
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby stuie » 27 Apr 2017, 09:52

Wycliffe wrote:2 years ago today the great man left us.
1st September he'll be back home.
RIP Big Man.
Image


RIP, and looking forward for your return home
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017


Return to “The Posh”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests