Chris Turner Statue

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Wycliffe

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 04 Feb 2017, 08:04

topcat87 wrote:
PoshDrummerAdam wrote:WOW. Brilliant news Adi!!!

And Brilliant that the players have done this after the last few disappointed weeks. Lets hope after this generosity they play for the shirt, starting tomorrow.

:stupid:
And I like the idea of training tops being sold off too so looking out for that.

That's still pending.
Not sure how exactly to do it.

Standard price for whoever's top it is.

Pay and have a 'lucky dip'

Auction each shirt which would reflect each players popularity.....could be embarrassing for some though :lol:

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Postby poshnipper » 04 Feb 2017, 08:06

When you bring my CT badge today, please can I have my PISA membership card as well :mrgreen:
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 04 Feb 2017, 08:18

poshnipper wrote:When you bring my CT badge today, please can I have my PISA membership card as well :mrgreen:

yes and yes
:lol:

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Postby poshnipper » 06 Feb 2017, 08:08

Wycliffe wrote:
poshnipper wrote:When you bring my CT badge today, please can I have my PISA membership card as well :mrgreen:

yes and yes

It was like a goody bag :clap: :clap:
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 06 Feb 2017, 08:09

poshnipper wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:

yes and yes

It was like a goody bag :clap: :clap:

:D

PoshDrummerAdam
Lean Mean Drumming Machine

Postby PoshDrummerAdam » 06 Feb 2017, 19:35

Drove past the park farm roundabout today seeing the signs with CT on. Looks good! Definately caught my eye.

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 06 Feb 2017, 20:21

PoshDrummerAdam wrote:Drove past the park farm roundabout today seeing the signs with CT on. Looks good! Definately caught my eye.

Easy to see out of an open window especially :lol:

DoubleRay

Postby DoubleRay » 06 Feb 2017, 20:25

Where will this statue be sited?
I would have thought It wants to be where CCTV is to stop the local transit and caravan brigade nicking it !

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 06 Feb 2017, 21:32

DoubleRay wrote:Where will this statue be sited?
I would have thought It wants to be where CCTV is to stop the local transit and caravan brigade nicking it !

Just to the left of the ticket office area, opposite the lifewall if you like.
He'll be well lit up and cctv is being looked at.
It was brought up in conversation with the sculptor http://www.seanhedgesquinn.co.uk/ and he's asked around and none have been nicked yet and there are a lot about http://www.offbeat.group.shef.ac.uk/statues/
though none as good as this'll be to us POSH at least.

john316z

Postby john316z » 08 Feb 2017, 21:33

Saw the pictures of the donation from the players for the first time today. Well done Adi - keep going with the hard work! :clap2:

I did have a good idea though for the remaining money needed.... If the players donation was down to the abysmal performance after Oldham, how about they repeat it until you've raised all the cash??? May not go down well with the fans but a worthy cause all the same???? Whatcha think then?

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 09 Feb 2017, 19:49

john316z wrote:Saw the pictures of the donation from the players for the first time today. Well done Adi - keep going with the hard work! :clap2:

I did have a good idea though for the remaining money needed.... If the players donation was down to the abysmal performance after Oldham, how about they repeat it until you've raised all the cash??? May not go down well with the fans but a worthy cause all the same???? Whatcha think then?

tbf to the players they'd mentioned it in the past but I think it was their belief they'd 'ruined' CT day that prompted the generous donation.
To the contrary, maybe a good performance v the blades will see even more donations from whoever!

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 10 Feb 2017, 08:55

Only a day to go for this fantastic event.
Great music, great people, great DJ's and of course a great cause.
It would be great to see as many CTSF supporters there as possible, few beers bit of grub and splash out on the humungous raffle if able.

https://www.facebook.com/WhittleseySoulWeekender/

WHITTLESEY SOUL WEEKENDER FEB 11TH & 12TH DONATION, been asked to clarify where any monies from donations and raffle will be going....
As it's FREE ENTRY ALL WEEKEND .. there will be the obligatory raffle that is being organised by the Chris Tuner Statue Fund guys PLUS a new way of paying for your weekends entertainment,
"Strategically placed near the exit points will be some buckets and we are asking those attending to pay to get 'OUT', pay for your entertainment afterwards if you like, if you didn't enjoy your stay have the day on us, if you did? bung a few quid in the bucket on the way out, simples"
ALL proceeds will be donated to
The Chris Turner Statue Fund currently standing @ £65,0000 ( need £85,000)
http://www.thechristurnerstatue.co.uk/ ;

Ta Paul

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 10 Feb 2017, 11:51

Press Release - Princebuild support the Chris Turner Statue Fund

The Chris Turner Statue Fund committee are delighted to announce that long term supporters and back of shirt sponsors, Princebuild Ltd have offered to match every donation made from today until we hit our target figure.

Director and life long Posh fan Jonathan Pudney said
On behalf of the Directors at Princebuild we are delighted to be able to support this wonderful project to honour the memory of Chris who truly was a friend of every supporter of the club. We have been impressed by the generosity of the fans who have managed to raise this huge sum in such a short period of time and we wanted to show our support for the project and help the committee get 'over the goal line’.

The committee would like to thank everyone at Princebuild for their amazing offer and look forward to welcoming them on 1 September 2017 to the unveiling event.

The fundraising continues this weekend (11th and 12th February) with a Northern Soul/Motown Weekender in Whittlesey. For further details please see the following link.
www.soul-source.co.uk/soulforum/calenda ... ree-entry/

Future upcoming events include one of PISA2000’s ever popular race nights and in June there is a golf day to be held at Toft near Bourne in conjunction with the Free Kicks Foundation.

For more information about the Chris Turner statue fund please visit www.thechristurnerstatue.co.uk

ashman

Postby ashman » 10 Feb 2017, 14:11

Brilliant gesture from a life long Posh fan! Thanks Jonathan.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

stuie

Postby stuie » 11 Feb 2017, 00:34

:comeon: :stupid:
ashman wrote:Brilliant gesture from a life long Posh fan! Thanks Jonathan.
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

Return to “The Posh”