Chris Turner Statue

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 10 Jan 2017, 22:15

28th January v Imposters has been designated as CT Day.
The players will be wearing training tops pre match with Turner 5 on the back.
It is to be confirmed but we will probably sell individual tops signed by the player but will keep one back signed by all the squad and management for raffle or auction.

Needless to say we will be accosting all those we can with rattling buckets so empty that piggy bank if you can.

There will be a minutes applause and maybe a song after 5 minutes and hopefully a few things going on around the ground pre match.

If anyone would like to help that would be great, generally we grab volunteers in Ebs, PISA members are always the first to put themselves forward but please PM me if you'd like to rattle for us.

Ta.

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 10 Jan 2017, 22:17

So proud we have this man as the sculptor.
Little documentary about Sean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhr112vsgIc&t=9s
More examples of his talents here
http://www.seanhedgesquinn.co.uk/

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 13 Jan 2017, 20:04

Re CT5.
Yesterday CT5 payments went past £10,000
Thank you to everyone for joining and in the main sticking to the plan, it has, as was hoped been a massive fillip to the fund raising.
:clap2:

We would now like to inform everyone that new membership to CT5 will close January 31st.
It is as easy to join as ever and is the only guaranteed way for you to attend the celebrations on September 1st.

It would be really fantastic to get a surge in members as it would get us to our target nice and early so we can concentrate on the unveiling days organisation.
There are some amazing things planned for that day, some we can announce leading to the event and some we will keep under our hats until the day.

Once again, we massively appreciate all the support thus far, it has gone even better than we could possibly dare.
Joining CT5 is easy
http://www.thechristurnerstatue.co.uk/about-ct5/
and getting you on board (if you're not already) will be great, as we say it will get you an invite for what will be an historical day.

We'd love all POSH to attend but logistically that is not possible and 30p a day doesn't seem too much for the ticket

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 15549
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby ashman » 13 Jan 2017, 22:44

Wycliffe wrote:Re CT5.
Yesterday CT5 payments went past £10,000

We would now like to inform everyone that new membership to CT5 will close January 31st.
It is as easy to join as ever and is the only guaranteed way for you to attend the celebrations on September 1st.

We'd love all POSH to attend but logistically that is not possible and 30p a day doesn't seem too much for the ticket

Excellent progress Adi. Come on Poshies, 30p a day is nothing! It's not as if it is a lifetime commitment! It's only until September - ish!

p.s. I've lost my CT5 badge. Can I buy another one please?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 14 Jan 2017, 08:33

ashman wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:Re CT5.
Yesterday CT5 payments went past £10,000

We would now like to inform everyone that new membership to CT5 will close January 31st.
It is as easy to join as ever and is the only guaranteed way for you to attend the celebrations on September 1st.

We'd love all POSH to attend but logistically that is not possible and 30p a day doesn't seem too much for the ticket

Excellent progress Adi. Come on Poshies, 30p a day is nothing! It's not as if it is a lifetime commitment! It's only until September - ish!

p.s. I've lost my CT5 badge. Can I buy another one please?



see me later :D

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 15549
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby ashman » 14 Jan 2017, 08:38

Wycliffe wrote:
ashman wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:Re CT5.
Yesterday CT5 payments went past £10,000

We would now like to inform everyone that new membership to CT5 will close January 31st.
It is as easy to join as ever and is the only guaranteed way for you to attend the celebrations on September 1st.

We'd love all POSH to attend but logistically that is not possible and 30p a day doesn't seem too much for the ticket

Excellent progress Adi. Come on Poshies, 30p a day is nothing! It's not as if it is a lifetime commitment! It's only until September - ish!

p.s. I've lost my CT5 badge. Can I buy another one please?



see me later :D

Cheers. Shorts today Adi? :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 15 Jan 2017, 16:21

We have had a few new members join CT5
It would be great to see a surge so the target is reached and even more POSH can get invites to the unveiling :clap:

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 17 Jan 2017, 08:16

We will soon be spreading the word with an advert for the fund on the Park Farm roundabout Whittlesey Rd Stanground courtesy of PCC (I always said they were good people) :D

There were only a few roundabouts left in and around the city and the traffic on that road is virtually static for good lengths at a time morning and evening rush hours so hopefully plenty will see it.

Should be up the next week or so.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 15549
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby ashman » 17 Jan 2017, 09:28

Wycliffe wrote:We will soon be spreading the word with an advert for the fund on the Park Farm roundabout Whittlesey Rd Stanground courtesy of PCC (I always said they were good people) :D

There were only a few roundabouts left in and around the city and the traffic on that road is virtually static for good lengths at a time morning and evening rush hours so hopefully plenty will see it.

Should be up the next week or so.

Good shout. What wonderful souls we have at PCC! :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

topcat87
Posts: 1530
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 16:43
Location: Peterborough and Proud of it!

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby topcat87 » 20 Jan 2017, 08:17

Wycliffe wrote:We will soon be spreading the word with an advert for the fund on the Park Farm roundabout Whittlesey Rd Stanground courtesy of PCC (I always said they were good people) :D

There were only a few roundabouts left in and around the city and the traffic on that road is virtually static for good lengths at a time morning and evening rush hours so hopefully plenty will see it.

Should be up the next week or so.

Excellent! Will look out for it as I go round that way every day.
Image

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 20 Jan 2017, 19:54


Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 21 Jan 2017, 08:34

Freekicks/CTSF Golf Day
Toft (Bourne)
Friday 16th June.
Price tba but last year was £40 ph for a team of 4.
There may be an option of £50 ph for 3 and the chance to play with a guest ie ex/current POSH or suchlike.
This will include a pre round fun competition, 18 holes on an excellent course and bbq.
There will as ever be a raffle/auction with some fantastic items on offer.

All funds to be split between Freekicks and CTSF.

PM me if interested.

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 25 Jan 2017, 18:10

Park Farm, Stanground Roundabout now much improved :clap2: :clap:

Image

User avatar
PoshDrummerAdam
Lean Mean Drumming Machine
Posts: 2551
Joined: 21 Nov 2005, 19:44
Location: Baston (Yes I'm Afraid - Lincolnshire!!)
Contact:

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby PoshDrummerAdam » 25 Jan 2017, 18:12

Brilliant Stuff Adi.

I went round the roundabout yesterday and there was a car looking a bit puzzled around it. Good to see.

Wycliffe
Posts: 790
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Chris Turner Statue

Postby Wycliffe » 25 Jan 2017, 22:00

Re CT5.
If there is anyone who can't be arsed to set a s/o or regular paypal payment we'd be happy to accept a one off transfer.

Peterborough United Foundation re The Chris Turner Memorial Fund
sort code 20-67-37
account number 50799009

Just saying :)

http://www.thechristurnerstatue.co.uk/about-ct5/


Return to “The Posh”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chompy and 3 guests