Posh v Oxford

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Posh v Oxford

Post by ashman » 07 Dec 2018, 14:00

Peterborough United v Oxford United (15:00 )

REFEREE: CHARLES BREAKSPEAR

Assistant Referees:
Michael Webb and Gareth Viccars

Fourth Official: David Plowright
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Re: Posh v Oxford

Post by bristleposh » 07 Dec 2018, 15:56

My last holiday got off to a disastrous start the last time we played these (I think). I was following the game on Twitter at Bristol airport we were 1-0 up when I had to get on my flight, when I landed in Spain I texted someone to find out the score only to find out we had lost 1-4. I know we have got an 11-11 record overall v Oxford (oops my bad 10-6-17) but haven't beaten them since 2001. Let's hope this current squad can do what all those other brilliant sides we've had couldn't manage.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 08 Dec 2018, 18:18

Another poor result against a low ranked team. For the first time in my life I walked out of a football ground at half time so disgusted was I with the hoofball played by Posh. I don't know if Posh played any better in the second half but Evans needs to get a grip. :evil:
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Dec 2018, 18:25

Poshay wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 18:18
Another poor result against a low ranked team. For the first time in my life I walked out of a football ground at half time so disgusted was I with the hoofball played by Posh. I don't know if Posh played any better in the second half but Evans needs to get a grip. :evil:
I thought we played quite well, sadly the result depended on some terrible refereeing decisions. He was bad for both sides but some of them were terrible

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 08 Dec 2018, 18:32

Spoiled by a very fussy referee who missed a total stonewall penalty for the push on Cummings yet gave a similar one at the other end minutes later.

All things said though, Dembeles goal was worth the admission.

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Dec 2018, 19:07

First half:

We were good for the first ten minutes, Toney scoring a very well constructed goal. Two more good chances were scorned until Oxford realised that if they simply passed the ball around us in little triangles (something we try to instill into young children from day one) then they would gain momentum and eventually get a deserved equaliser.This they did just before half time with a superb strike from James Henry.

Second half:

With a quarter of an hour to go Oxford had been passing the ball around us with ease until a little bit of magic from Dembele lit up the game. This time, just for once, he decided to put his laces through the ball and he finished a simply wonderful chance by lashing the ball into the roof of the net.
Evans once again changed Reed for O'Hara to disrupt the flow. Godden was exchanged for Cummings who looked lively but he failed miserably to hit the target from six yards when it would have been easier to have missed!
Once again we relied way too much on the hoofed ball and the Oxford scouts must have noticed the way we have been playing in the last few games. They stuck to their plans and then Colin Daniel committed a ridiculous foul in our penalty area, straight after Tafazolli had tried also to give away a penalty. Tafazolli had one of the worst games I have ever seen him play, giving away the ball either by merely hoofing it back towards their midfield, passing the ball on the ground straight at their players or losing most of his headers; the ones he did win went just anywhere.
Once again, bitterly disappointed with not only the result but also the way in which we are playing.

'We play football the way, the way we should, oh yeah, Something tells me I'm into something good!' - has not been heard from the terraces for some time!

halfwayline

Post by halfwayline » 08 Dec 2018, 19:18

First things first, Evans treatment and language to reed as he walked off at hot was school boy bully type if that’s acceptable were going nowhere.

Secondly the ref was as bad for both teams get on with it. Def penalty and our full bAcks are garbage

Moving forward they go 1 down and switch to 3 at the back then we struggle for the rest of first half.

Some fans want Evans out around me but we are fourth do I think we will go up under Evans honesty I’d say no. We play 1 touch hoof ball no composure on the ball.

The thing that winds me up the most is what on earth do we do in training? Most sides down the bottom play better football but don’t have a Toney Goddon up top, drop out top six and many will want change in the dugout as I’m confident there’s better options around at present

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Dec 2018, 19:46

halfwayline wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 19:18
First things first, Evans treatment and language to reed as he walked off at hot was school boy bully type if that’s acceptable were going nowhere.

Secondly the ref was as bad for both teams get on with it. Def penalty and our full bAcks are garbage

Moving forward they go 1 down and switch to 3 at the back then we struggle for the rest of first half.

Some fans want Evans out around me but we are fourth do I think we will go up under Evans honesty I’d say no. We play 1 touch hoof ball no composure on the ball.

The thing that winds me up the most is what on earth do we do in training? Most sides down the bottom play better football but don’t have a Toney Goddon up top, drop out top six and many will want change in the dugout as I’m confident there’s better options around at present
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qavVbA9KvVo

.... and of course he blamed the ref, as he always does. FWIW I thought he was tough on both teams, but got very little wrong.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 08 Dec 2018, 19:51

Well, let us say my confidence in Evans and the team has waned somewhat, and we have booked a holiday during the end of Season play-offs.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Dec 2018, 20:43

ashman wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 19:46
halfwayline wrote:

.... and of course he blamed the ref, as he always does. FWIW I thought he was tough on both teams, but got very little wrong.
He booked Woodyard for being pushed over and claiming so, he didn't book their captain who from the first minute to nail he was substituted disputed every decision and no booking. Terrible he gave some appalling decisions in both directions, but mostly against us.

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Dec 2018, 23:48

bristleposh wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 20:43
ashman wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 19:46
halfwayline wrote:

He booked Woodyard for being pushed over and claiming so, he didn't book their captain who from the first minute to nail he was substituted disputed every decision and no booking. Terrible he gave some appalling decisions in both directions, but mostly against us.
Are you on that Bristol Grog again? You are beginning to sound like SE! We see the game differently and that is why we all love football. :lol:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Dec 2018, 18:11

ashman wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 23:48

Are you on that Bristol Grog again? You are beginning to sound like SE! We see the game differently and that is why we all love football. :lol:
Are you still hiding behind the goalposts in the LRE, because from my high up position in the TV gantry I have quite a good view.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 09 Dec 2018, 19:45

I see Uncle Stevie had yet another dig at the previous management in his after match comments to the local press yesterday.

I thought Steve Evans teams are mentally strong, know how to defend a lead and don’t concede late goals???