Who comes in? You decide...

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Chompy

Who comes in? You decide...

Postby Chompy » 21 Apr 2017, 09:41

So I'm cashing in on Maddison. Letting Taylor go will free up some wage £££. Time to go spend some.

It seems that McBurnie is coming, and quite happy to have him up front.

Neil Etheridge. Best keeper outside the Championship for me. Show some ambition and go get him.

Luke Berry. Kind of old school this. Go buy your nearest neighbour and stamp the club's authority as the biggest fish in the local pond. This used to happen a lot more back in the day than it does now.

Ben Gladwin. Obviously excess to requirements at QPR and too good to drop down to L2 with Swindon.

Plus a right-back. No ideas here tbh.

bristleposh

Re: Who comes in? You decide...

Postby bristleposh » 21 Apr 2017, 10:53

I know nothing Mr Fawlty, I'll accept anything that comes with blue tinted glasses. I thought the boy from Dover was a done deal, what's his name?
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 21 Apr 2017, 14:10

Ricky Miller?

Wasn't good enough at Luton says my Hatters man but that was a while ago. Doesn't really fit our profile does he? 28 and all that.

If he comes in and McBurnie doesn't we might as well give up now.

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 21 Apr 2017, 14:21

Chompy wrote:Ricky Miller?

Wasn't good enough at Luton says my Hatters man but that was a while ago. Doesn't really fit our profile does he? 28 and all that.

If he comes in and McBurnie doesn't we might as well give up now.

Well your hatters mate did well to have seen him play so short a time was he on the pitch.

Hey ho. time will tell and anyway not all players do well at every club so it really doesn't matter how any player did quite a few years ago.

john316z

Postby john316z » 21 Apr 2017, 19:51

Chompy wrote:So I'm cashing in on Maddison. Letting Taylor go will free up some wage £££. Time to go spend some.

It seems that McBurnie is coming, and quite happy to have him up front.

Neil Etheridge. Best keeper outside the Championship for me. Show some ambition and go get him.

Luke Berry. Kind of old school this. Go buy your nearest neighbour and stamp the club's authority as the biggest fish in the local pond. This used to happen a lot more back in the day than it does now.

Ben Gladwin. Obviously excess to requirements at QPR and too good to drop down to L2 with Swindon.

Plus a right-back. No ideas here tbh.

Didn't we sign TAylor on a low wage last season? So not sure that frees up much cash. Could be wrong on that. It has been known before

Good shouts though. Always happy to welcome someone new and law of averages states that we must sign someone decent soon

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 21 Apr 2017, 20:15

Not according to DMac. Taylor on big ££££ he said recently.

HantsPosh

Postby HantsPosh » 22 Apr 2017, 23:18

Yes but DMac thinks £28 for League 1 Football is acceptable so god knows what counts as big bucks for him, maybe it's Gaelic for can't hype him to the max and then flog him for a load of money.

john316z

Postby john316z » 23 Apr 2017, 10:15

HantsPosh wrote:Yes but DMac thinks £28 for League 1 Football is acceptable so god knows what counts as big bucks for him, maybe it's Gaelic for can't hype him to the max and then flog him for a load of money.

Is closer to the truth no doubt...

Return to “The Posh”